Business Start-Up Steps
The more planning you put into a new business, the more success you may have. We can help you navigate the best course for long-term success.
In general, you move through these steps to successfully launch your business. We can provide one-on-one consultations to chart your path.
1. Plan Your Business - business concept/plan, marketing strategies/target markets, location, competition, operational needs,
projected financial statements, trusted advisors.
2. Research Financing and Potential Incentives
2. Select a Business Site, Determine Zoning/Site Permit Requirements, Hire Contractor(s)
3. Register Your Business Name and Structure – Colorado Secretary of State
4. Register with City, State and Federal Tax Authorities
5. Understand Employer Responsibilities if Hiring Employees
6. Get a Zoning Permit
7. Determine Business Activity Type, Obtain Special Permits or Licenses
8. Get Other Approvals and Permits (If Required)
9. Obtain a Building Permit (If Required)
10. Call for Inspections and Obtain Certificate of Occupancy
11. Open Your Business